22.11.08

Altered Tin

















Another Friday challenge for ABAA is an altered tin......Thank you to R & L


I have used a peppermint tin and used alcohol inks as a base and used distress inks on card and then stamped the images ..... then put some embellishments together using vintage photos and bits and bobs, the frame on the front is two glass squares with silver tape on the edge..... inside I have put layers of images..... and to finish I used the cropodile to make a hole in the side to add the knob....


All in all I have enjoyed the challenge....

10 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG this is truly amazing.
So wonderful box and brilliant details. Love them.

Jaqi said...

Stunning tin, It looks fab. The colours are amazing. Did you just use the alchol inks direct onto the tin? and do they dry without rubbing off onto your hands? Its given it a lovely finish, and the inside is gorgeous. Well done, Jaqi

Rosie said...

Sharon this is gorgeous - vintage, grungey and beautiful! I love how you've worked on the inside and the outside. Thanks for joining in!!
Love
Rosie ABAA

June said...

This is fantastic
Fabulous work here
Hugs J x

Jaqi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Sharon, we must both have good taste re the fireplace hehehe.
Thanks for the info, I will give it a go, Jaqi

Anonymous said...

Very lovely...love all the elements!

Linda Vincent said...

Oooh I love this Sharon - so much to look at (and be insired by).
Fabulous artwork.
Love
Linda xx

~*~Patty S said...

Where have I been, how did I miss your tin! What a treasure you've created Ms Magpie = so lovely in every detail!

Anonymous said...

Sharon...your tin is gorgeous. Love all the elements you added and it was such a clever idea to add the little knob. Love this.

Chriss Rollins said...

fabulous, love everything about it

chriss x