28.9.08

Time will never wait









This is the Friday challenge !!!! for "Art Adventure"
A matchbox !!!
I used a Swan Vesta box, Lined it and altered, then went slightly mad with metal, added embelishments of a clock filled with clock bits and memories, for the outside I used a saying
"Be early be late time will never wait" and attached a key and padlock.

15 comments:

Linda Vincent said...

Thats a work of art Sharon - it really has the wow factor!
Would you consider doing a little tutorial on using metal? I'd love to know how you did that and what metal you used.
Love Linda

Sandy said...

Wow this is unbelievable.
Stunning work and amazing design. Love it.

Rosie said...

AMAZING work Sharon! Absolutely fantastic! Can I join the queue to learn how to do the metal too please??? Maybe you'd do a tutorial for us at my studio????

Viola said...

Great job, Sharon! Looks so fabulous!! :o)

Sian said...

Brilliant! I think this is one of the best altered matchboxes I've seen. I love it

Jaqi said...

This is fabulous Sharon, I take it you like metal?. You have done an excellent job it is stunning, Jaqi

Sharon said...

Thank you ladies....
This was a challenge I again enjoyed..... very small but we will all give it a go..
Just somehow I got a metal pewter box stuck in my head.... very fiddly.. And I had a dream that it all fell apart.... I was pleased when I took the clamps off it was ok.... I would love to share with you anything... we will have to get together....
Thanks for your wonderful comments... I too am enjoying seeing what we all come up with and commenting..
Sharon x

Sanja said...

fabulos altered matchbox!!:0)

Nicks said...

wow don't know what to say this is awesome!

Unknown said...

This piece is insane! I feel silly posting my match box now. Impressive work.

Sarah said...

a little work of genius - brilliant!

SUE said...

Hi Sharon - love this - and anything with metal is OK with me too

nancy said...

This is absolutely wonderful!
Nancy

Linda Vincent said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Sharon - if you want to know about the key... ask Rosie!!!
Linda xx

Gaby Bee said...

Your altered matchbox is absolutely stunning! You've done a beautiful job!